In this article, I will show you a list of Fintech Companies in Kenya. The list is not in any order. However, if a Fintech Company is on this list, then it is a great company.
What do Fintech companies do?
You might be wondering what Fintech is? What is the job of a Fintech company?
Well, to start us off, Fintech is the short form of Financial Technology and according to an article on Wikipedia;
Fintech is a new financial industry that applies technology to improve commercial activities. Therefore, FinTech is the latest applications, processes, products, or business models in the financial services industry, composed of one or more complementary financial services and provided as an end-to-end process via the Internet.
So Fintech companies in Kenya are either developing, using, or distributing financial Technology Solutions in Kenya.
Top Fintech Companies in Kenya
Here is a list of Fintech Companies in Kenya:
- Chura – Chura is a Kenyan, web, and SMS based service that allows mobile users to access Airtime and Mobile money services across different mobile networks in Kenya.
- ConnectAfrica Payments – ConnectAfrica is a B2B technology Solution connecting various payment networks. Members of the hub can facilitate cross-network transfers.
- Direct Pay Online. – Direct Pay Online is a highly secure payment platform that makes payments simple. They enable businesses to accept credit cards, mobile payments, and cross-border payments in specific African Markets.
- Eastpesa – Eastpesa helps users send and receive money within Kenya and East Africa (Uganda and Tanzania).
- Packline Systems
- PesaPal – Pesapal provides a simple, safe, and secure way for individuals and businesses to make and accept payments in Africa.
- Eclectics International – Eclectics International is a technology savvy company transforming Africa through innovative, state of the art tailor-made software solutions for the Banking, Financial, Agricultural, Transport & Public sector.
- Abacus – Abacus builds web and mobile software to help investors across the globe access African financial markets.
- Cellulant – Cellulant Corporation develops and provides a one-stop mobile payment platform for connecting businesses and governments in Africa. The company offers consumer payment, digital and neighborhood agency banking, and remittance solutions.
- GrassRoots Bima – GrassRoots Bima is an Insuretech company established to meet the mass market’s insurance needs through innovative, inclusive insurance.
- JamboPay – JamboPay is an online payment gateway that allows users to securely make and receive payments through mobile phones over the Internet.
- Kopo Kopo – Kopo Kopo has partnered with Kenya’s Safaricom to drive merchant acceptance via the “Lipa Na M-Pesa” service.
- Tala – Tala provides fast, personalized loans to approved borrowers and helps customers build a digital credit history, or financial identity, over time.
- Umati Capital
- Beyonic – This Fintech Company makes it easy for businesses to reduce cash risk & go mobile across their operations. Beyonic helps to digitize payment workflow and enables businesses to pay people with mobile money.
- BitPesa – BitPesa makes it quick, easy, and cost-effective for any business, anywhere in the world, to send and receive money from frontier markets
- Branch – Branch International is a fast and affordable loan giver in Kenya taking care of everybody, including the remote area dwellers and the unbanked. Learn how to get a loan on Branch App in Kenya.
- Caytree Financial – Caytree Financial helps businesses who want to grow their business sell more through powerful marketing platforms and financial tools.
- Popote Payments – Popote Payments is an online and mobile innovation app that uses mobile money to enable you to make and manage your payments with total control, mobility, and up-to-date record keeping. Popote Payments replaces cash, cheques & expense accounting with an all in one, safe & fast solution.
- Ways to Send Money to Kenya from the UK - March 25, 2021
- 20 Online Jobs for Students in Kenya: and How to Get Them - March 10, 2021
- How To Register a Company in Kenya in 2021 - March 8, 2021