Tala loan app is one of Kenya’s leading loan apps. Tala app is one of the best instant personal loan apps.
The loan app offers instant mobile loans between the range of Ksh 500 to Ksh. 30,000. Initially, the loan provider had a maximum limit of 50,000; I don’t see that anymore in my App.
I will take you through how to get started with Tala App in Kenya and how you can get your loan straight to M-Pesa.
In case you don’t know, Tala, formerly Mkopo Rahisi, is one of Kenya’s fantastic mobile loan apps. It was launched in Kenya in 2014 and had been helping many Kenyans sort out their financial situations.
How to download Tala Loan App
Follow the following steps to download and install Tala on your mobile phone:
- If you are on an android phone, visit The Google Play Store
- Check the reviews; you will see all the good reviews about this App.
- Download the App, and it will install on your phone. You are now ready to start using Tala Loan App.
How to register on Tala app
Tala registration is simple; many think there is no Tala loan application form because you do everything on the App. Check the following Tala Registration process:
- Once downloaded, open the App, and you will be asked to link your mobile number.
- The number will be verified and will register you automatically.
- Tala will check for information about you on your phone. This information is from your SMS to see how you transact M-Pesa, your income, and other information. It also uses your CRB Status to determine your credit score.
- You are registered and now have a tala account.
How do I apply for a loan at Tala?
Once installed, you have to request a loan to check if you qualify or not; you will fill in some questions before being granted credit. I find these questions research questions and don’t matter whether you are eligible for a loan or not.
If you don’t qualify, keep trying and let the App stay on your phone, don’t uninstall it. If you are eligible, you will get an offer worth the amount you qualify for.
Tala gives you two options for repaying your loan. You can choose to pay after seven days or after 30 days. The longer it takes to pay, the expensive the loan will be.
Choose an option you are comfortable with; I find the seven days so little because time goes by so fast.
After you click accept, Tala will send the loan instantly to your M-Pesa account.
How do you pay Tala?
After you receive your loan, please make plans to repay it as soon as possible. This is the only way to increase your loan limit on Tala.
The only way to repay your Tala loan is through Safaricom Lipa Na M-Pesa Paybill number 851900. Tala App has advanced the payment process.
- Open the Tala App, and you will see the loan you want to pay.
- Click on MAKE A PAYMENT Text
- Confirm the loan amount you are to pay
- Click the Submit Payment button, and your M-Pesa will pop up.
- Copy the Paybill Number and paste it into the Mpesa pay bill slot
- Then copy the account number, i.e., your mobile phone number.
- Finally, copy the amount in the amount and make payment.
If you ever encounter a problem and look for Tala Contacts, read on how to contact the tala team. There might be many reasons why you need to reach Tala Kenya, and here are some of the ways to get in touch with them:
- On the App
- Via SMS
- Social Media
Now let me take you through the above steps of contacting Tala Loans provider.
Using the mobile loan App
Tala has made the loan app in a way that it is easier to reach them. All you need to do is to log in to the App.
Once logged in, click on the “View FAQs or send us a message” link. Clicking on this link will take you to the FAQs page of the App.
At the bottom of this page, there is a line. Have a question about something? Click on it and a red button with MESSAGE US text written on it. Click on it.
Once clicked, it will open a new page with the title My Tickets Click on the + sign and enter a description (The issue you need to be sorted out).
The best thing is to attach screenshots to this section, and they will get back to you.
Contacting Tala through SMS
Tala has a number that they use to contact you. You can use the same phone number to reach them. Here is the text number they use: 21991
Use the following email address to contact Tala [email protected]
Tala has an active social media presence, and you can contact them at any time and get a quick response.
Their Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/talakenya/
and their Twitter account is https://twitter.com/tala_ke
Well, now you have more than one way of contacting them. Please only post on one platform at a time. Wait for a few hours before posting again on another platform. I recommend using the App first.
TALA frequently asked questions
I have checked the App and found some FAQs that might help someone who needs a loan but is stuck somewhere.
- How does Tala decide on whether to give you a loan or not?
- Loan decisions are based on many things, which include your income, how you use M-Pesa, and how you have been repaying other loans.
- All this information you provide before being approved for a loan. Tala App also scans your phone for this information as well as check you on CRB.
- One thing to note is that if you have been rejected for a loan, don’t uninstall it but keep it installed, and they will contact you.
- What are the fees and schedules for payments?
- There are two options for repayment schedule: 1st option is a 30-day loan with a 15% service fee, and interest rates can go as low as 7% for some customers.
- The 2nd option is a 21-day loan with a service fee of 11% but can go down to as low as 5%.
- If you want, you can repay the loan at once or submit partial payments at any time before the credit is due.
- What should you do if the app crashes? – If the app keeps crashing, you can Clear the App data. If this persists, then you can contact them.
- What do I do if I lose my phone? – If you lose your phone, you can contact them directly using the methods indicated above.
- What does Tala do with the answers provided during the loan application process? – They use this information to determine your creditworthiness and debt capacity.
- What happens if you pay early or late?
- How do I repay my loan?
Make sure to check other loan apps in Kenya that we recently updated.