In today’s digital age, it’s easier than ever to make money online. Whether you’re looking to start a side hustle or earn a full-time income, there are plenty of opportunities available.
This post will explore some of the best ways to make money online in Kenya. So whether you’re a stay-at-home mom looking for a way to make extra cash or a college student looking for a job, read on for some great ideas!
How to Make Money Online in Kenya
In Kenya, there are a lot of ways you can make money online; some are:
Start a blog and sell advertising
A great way to make money online in Kenya is to start a blog and sell advertising. You can attract sponsors by writing valuable content that attracts a lot of readers and by promoting your blog on social media.
Tips on how to start a blog :
- Choose a topic you’re passionate about
- Select a domain name and web host
- Install WordPress
- Learn about SEO
- Write your first post
- Promote your blog on social media and other channels
Offer services such as web design, writing, or programming
Another great way to make money online in Kenya is to offer web design, writing, or programming services. You can find clients by posting ads online or networking with other business owners.
How to go about web design:
If you’re interested in learning web design, plenty of online resources are available. Start by reading tutorials and watching videos on how to create a website. You can also find online courses that will teach you the basics of web design.
Once you have a basic understanding of web design, start creating websites for friends and family members. As you gain more experience, you can start charging more for your services.
What do you need to start web design?
These are the things you need to start web design:
- A computer with an internet connection
- Web design software
- A domain name and web hosting account
- Some basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- An understanding of how websites are built
Join an affiliate program and promote products or services online
An affiliate program is a great way to make money online in Kenya. With an affiliate program, you promote products or services for a company in exchange for a commission on sales. You can find Jumia affiliate programs, Amazon affiliate programs, and many more.
How do affiliate programs work?
Affiliate programs work by tracking sales generated through your referrals. When someone buys a product or service through your affiliate link, you receive a commission on the sale.
The best way to promote products or services as an affiliate is by creating valuable content that attracts a lot of readers. You can also promote your affiliate links on social media and other channels.
Use online surveys to earn money.
Online surveys are a great way to make money in Kenya. They’re easy to complete, and you can usually earn a few dollars for each survey you take. You can find survey opportunities on websites like Survey Junkie and Swagbucks.
Steps on how to use online surveys to earn money?
These are the steps you need to follow to use online surveys to earn money:
- Sign up for a survey site
- Complete surveys and earn rewards
- Redeem your rewards for cash or gift cards
This can be done through online surveys site like,
- Survey Junkie
Sell products and services online
Selling products and services online is an excellent option if you have a product or service to offer. You can set up a website or online store and sell your products or services worldwide. This is an excellent option if you want to make money from home.
What to consider while starting to sell products and services online?
starting to sell products and services online, there are some things you need to consider:
- The type of product or service you’re selling
- Your target market
- How you’ll accept payments
- How you’ll ship products
- Your branding and marketing strategy
If you have writing skills, you can find clients by posting ads online or networking with other business owners. There are other platforms that one can find a job like :
What are the qualifications to be a freelance writer?
Below are the qualifications to be a freelance writer:
- An understanding of grammar and spelling
- Ability to write in a variety of styles
- Knowledge of different writing formats
- Experience writing for different audiences
- Understanding of SEO
- Ability to meet deadlines
There are a few different ways to make money online in Kenya. You can start a:
- Blog and sell advertising
- Offer services such as web design
- Join an affiliate program and promote products or services online
- Use online surveys to earn money
- Sell products and services online. Each of these methods has its own set of requirements, so choose the best suits your skills and interests. You can make money online in Kenya with some hard work and persistence!