Zenka loan app is considered one of the best mobile loan apps in Kenya. This is because their first loan is free of charge.
Because of this, Zenka App is yet another popular instant loan mobile app in Kenya. Did I say popular? Yes! How popular is it? And what does it offer?
Read on to find more about this app and go about the Zenka loan app download and apply for a loan.
What is Zenka Loan App?
Well, this might surprise you because the Zenka app is a mobile-based loan app in Kenya owned by Zenka Finance Limited.
You can only download the loan app from the Google Play store. But what makes it more interesting is that you can also access the Zenka via a USSD code.
This means you don’t have to own a smartphone to apply and get a loan from Zenka Kenya.
Being a popular loan app on the market, Zenka has more than 1,000,000+ downloads on the Play store. ????
In addition to the above, at the time of this writing. Zenka has a star rating of 4.2 that was brought about by reviews of 17,314 users.
With a size of 6.1 MB, the loan app requires a phone with a minimum Android version 4.4 and above to download and install.
Zenka Loan snapshot
|LOAN AMOUNT||KSh 500 to KSh 30,000|
|TERM LENGTHS||30 Days|
|FEES||Interest Rate of 29%|
Zenka Loan Features.
Although this may be true, Zenka has the following features on their loan products.
- Their first loan is FREE! ( No Commissions, No Interest rate, nor any other additional charges).
- Zenka terms start from 1 day with a minimum loan amount of Ksh 500 to Ksh 20,000.
- You can top up your existing loan. This is possible if you’ve already made partial payments to the existing loan to a certain percentage.
- With Zenka, extending your loan due date by 7, 14, or 30 more days is possible.
- Lastly, you can borrow twice, provided that you haven’t reached/exhausted your loan limit.
Loan Interest Rate and Charges
Speaking of interest rates and other charges, Zenka loan interest rates vary and are dependable on the loan repayment period. They charge an interest rate of 29%.
How does Zenka Loan App Work?
You can access the loans using two different ways.
- Via USSD code
- Through the Zenka loan app where you have to download Zenka Loan App.
How to Apply for a Loan Via the App
To apply for a loan, you don’t need the zenka loan app apk; all you have to do is;
- Open Play Store On your phone and search for the “Zenka.”
- Download and install the app.
- Open up the app to register/sign up and then fill the short Zenka loan application form.
- Choose the loan amount you wish to apply for in addition to loan terms, and then wait for evaluation from the Zenka team.
- If your loan application is successful and approved, your loan will be disbursed straight to your M-Pesa account.
Via USSD Code
To use the Zenka USSD to access your loan. Your Safaricom line needs to be active and has sufficient airtime in the first place.
Dial Zenka’s code *841# and follow the system command prompt to complete your loan application process to access the loan menu.
How do I repay my loan?
For the sole purpose of this post, here is how to repay the Zenka loan app loan. You can repay your loan through any of the following methods.
To repay your Zenka loan;
Through the app itself
- Open the loan app and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Click on the “Repay” button and then, you can either select or edit the default repayment loan amount.
- Lastly, Click on the “Repay now” button and then follow the loan repayment user prompts to complete your transaction.
- You will receive an SMS notification to confirm your loan repayment.
Via Zenka USSD code
To repay your loan on USSD, use the following procedure.
- On your phone, dial the *841# and enter your 4-digit secret PIN.
- Select the “Repay” option to reveal details of your loan balance.
- Next, select the “Repay full amount and follow the in-built system prompts to complete your transaction.
- You will then receive an SMS notification confirming your loan repayment.
Zenka Loan App Contacts.
In case you are stuck or experiencing issues with the loan app and looking for Zenka loan app contacts. You can contact the Zenka support team through either one of the following methods.
- On Google Play Store, via the app reviews section.
- Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lastly, you can also contact the support team via phone by calling their call centre number + 254 020 765 0878
Other similar loan apps like this one include:
- Ways to Send Money to Kenya from the UK - March 25, 2021
- 20 Online Jobs for Students in Kenya: and How to Get Them - March 10, 2021
- How To Register a Company in Kenya in 2021 - March 8, 2021