Tala loan app is one of Kenya’s leading mobile loan apps. The Tala app is one of the best instant personal loan apps accessible on a mobile phone.
They offer instant mobile loans between the range of Ksh 500 to Ksh. 30,000.
I will take you through how to get started with Tala App in Kenya and how you can get your loan straight to M-Pesa.
In case you don’t know, it was formerly called Mkopo Rahisi is one of the fantastic mobile loan apps in Kenya. It was launched in Kenya in 2014 and ever since been helping many Kenyans sort out their financial situations.
Tala Loan snapshot
|LOAN AMOUNT||KSh 1,000 - KSh 30,000|
|TERM LENGTHS||21 Days & 30 Days|
|FEES||From 5% to 19%|
Read Tala Review
How to download Tala Loan App
Follow the following steps to download and install the Tala app to your mobile phone:
- If you are on an android phone, visit Google Play and search for Tala.
- Check the reviews on Google Play, and you will see all the good reviews about this App.
- Download the App, and install it on your smartphone.
- You are now ready to start using and apply for a loan.
How to register on the Tala app
The registration process is simple as there is no Tala loan application form as many think because you do everything on your phone. Check the following Tala Registration process:
- Once you download the application, open it up, and you will be asked to link your mobile number.
- The number will be verified and will register you automatically.
- It will check for information about you on your phone. This information is from your SMS to see how you transact M-Pesa, your income, and other information. It also uses your CRB Status to determine your credit score.
- You are registered and now have an account where you can apply for your loan.
How to apply for a loan on Tala?
Once installed, you have to go through the process to apply for Tala mobile loan application to check if you qualify or not. You will fill in some questions before being granted credit. I find these questions research questions and don’t matter whether you are eligible for your mobile loan or not.
If you find that you don’t qualify, keep trying and let it stay on your phone, don’t uninstall it. If you are eligible, you will get an offer worth the amount you qualify for.
They give you two options for repaying your loan. You can choose to pay after seven days or after 30 days. The longer it takes to pay, the more expenses it will be.
Please choose an option you are comfortable with; I find the seven days so little because time goes quickly.
After you click accept, they will send the money instantly to your M-Pesa account. That answers the question of how long does Tala take to approve a loan?
How do you pay Tala?
After you receive your loan, please make plans to repay it as soon as possible. This is the only way to increase your limit.
The only way to repay is through Safaricom Lipa Na M-Pesa Paybill number 851900. Tala Loan App has advanced the payment process.
- Open the mobile app, and you will see the figure you want to pay.
- Click on MAKE A PAYMENT Text
- Confirm the amount you are to repay
- Click the Submit Payment button, and your M-Pesa will pop up.
- Copy the Paybill Number and paste it into the Mpesa pay bill slot
- Then copy the account number, i.e., your mobile phone number.
- Finally, copy the amount in the amount and make payment.
See the diagram below for Mpesa Repayment.
If you ever encounter a problem with a Tala loan and looking for Tala Contacts, then read on how to contact the team. There might be many reasons why you need to reach Tala Kenya, and here are some of the ways to get in touch with them:
- On the mobile app
- Via SMS
- Social Media
Now let me take you through the above steps of contacting them.
Contacting Tala Using the mobile App
Tala has made the loan app in a way that it is easier to reach them. All you need to do is to log in to the App.
Once logged in, click on the “View FAQs or send us a message” link. Clicking on this link will take you to the FAQs page.
At the bottom of this page, there is a line. Have a question about something? Click on it and a red button with MESSAGE US text written on it. Click on it.
Once clicked, it will open a new page with the title My Tickets Click on the + sign and enter a description (The issue you need to be sorted out).
The best thing is that you can attach screenshots to this section, and they will get back to you.
Contacting Tala through SMS
They have a number that they use to contact you. You can use the same phone number to reach them. Here is the text number they use: 21991
Contacting them through Email
Use the following email address to contact Tala email@example.com.
Contacting them on Social Media
They also have an active social media presence, and you can contact them at any time, and you can get a quick response.
Their Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/talakenya/
and their Twitter account is https://twitter.com/tala_ke
Well, now you have more than one way of contacting them. Please only post on one platform at a time. Wait for a few hours before posting again on another platform. I recommend using the App first.
Tala Loan Frequently asked questions.
I have checked and found some FAQs that might help someone who is stuck somewhere.
How does Tala decide on whether to give you a loan or not?
- The decisions are based on many things, which include your income, how you use M-Pesa, and how you have been repaying other loans.
- All this information you provide before being approved for a loan. Tala also scans your phone for this information, as well as check you on CRB.
- One thing to note is that if your application has been rejected, don’t uninstall it but keep it installed, and they will contact you.
What are the fees and schedules for payments?
- There are two options for repayment schedule: 1st option is a 30-day loan with a 15% service fee, and interest rates can go as low as 7% for some customers.
- The 2nd option is a 21-day loan with a service fee of 11% but can go down to as low as 5%.
- If you want, you can repay the loan at once or submit partial payments at any time before the credit is due.
What should you do if it crashes? – If the app keeps crashing, you can Clear its data. If this persists, then you can contact them.
What do I do if I lose my phone? – If you lose your phone, you can contact them directly using the methods indicated above.
What does Tala do with the answers provided during the application process? – They use this information to determine your creditworthiness and debt capacity.
That is it for today. If you need to know more, I have made a Tala app review that you can go through to learn more.
- Ways to Send Money to Kenya from the UK - March 25, 2021
- 20 Online Jobs for Students in Kenya: and How to Get Them - March 10, 2021
- How To Register a Company in Kenya in 2021 - March 8, 2021