Technology is great and in this article, I will provide a list of amazing Fintech Companies in Kenya. The list is not in any order. However, if a Fintech Company is on this list, then it is a great company.
What do Fintech Companies in Kenya do?
You might be wondering what is Fintech? What is the job of a Fintech company?
Well, to start us off, Fintech is the short form of Financial Technology and according to an article on Wikipedia;
Fintech is a new financial industry that applies technology to improve financial activities. Therefore, FinTech is the new applications, processes, products, or business models in the financial services industry, composed of one or more complementary financial services and provided as an end-to-end process via the Internet.
So Fintech companies are entities that are either developing, using or distributing financial Technology Solutions in Kenya. Here are a few of them;
Fintech Companies in Kenya
- Chura – Chura is a Kenyan, web, and SMS based service that allows mobile users to access Airtime and Mobile money services across the different mobile networks in Kenya.
- ConnectAfrica Payments – ConnectAfrica is a B2B technology Solution connecting various payment networks together. Members of the hub are able to facilitate cross-network transfers.
- Direct Pay Online – Direct Pay Online is a highly secure payment platform makes payments simple by allowing businesses to accept credit cards, mobile payments and cross-border payments in certain African Markets.
- Eastpesa – Eastpesa helps users to send and receive money within Kenya and the rest of East Africa (Uganda and Tanzania).
- Packline Systems
- PesaPal – Pesapal provides a simple, safe and secure way for individuals and businesses to make and accept payments in Africa.
- Eclectics International – Eclectics International is a technology savvy company transforming Africa through innovative, state of the art tailor-made software solutions for Banking, Financial, Agricultural, Transport & Public sector.
- Abacus – Abacus builds web and mobile software to help investors across the globe access African financial markets.
- Cellulant – Cellulant Corporation develops and provides one-stop mobile payments platform for connecting businesses and governments in Africa. The company offers consumer payment, digital and neighborhood agency banking, and remittance solutions.
- GrassRoots Bima – GrassRoots Bima is an insurtech company established to meet the insurance needs of the mass market through innovative inclusive insurance.
- JamboPay – JamboPay is an online payment gateway that allows users to securely make and receive payments through mobile phone over the internet.
- Kopo Kopo – Kopo Kopo has partnered with Kenya’s Safaricom to drive merchant acceptance via the “Lipa Na M-Pesa” service.
- Tala – Tala provides fast, personalized loans to approved borrowers and help customers build a digital credit history, or financial identity, over time.
- Umati Capital
- Beyonic – This Fintech Company makes it easy for businesses to reduce cash risk & go mobile across their operations. Beyonic helps to digitize payment workflow and enable businesses to pay people with mobile money.
- BitPesa – BitPesa makes it quick, easy, and cost-effective for any business, anywhere in the world, to send and receive money from frontier markets
- Branch – Branch International is a fast and affordable loan giver in Kenya taking care of everybody including the remote area dwellers and the unbanked. Learn how to get a loan on Branch App in Kenya.
- Caytree Financial – Caytree Financial helps businesses who want to grow their business sell more through powerful marketing platform and financial tools.
- Popote Payments – Popote Payments is an online and mobile innovation app that uses mobile money to enable you to make and manage your payments with total control, mobility and up-to-date record keeping. Popote Payments replaces cash, cheques & expense accounting, with an all in one, safe & fast solution.