This is the most comprehensive guide to the GHRIS Payslip Online Portal in Kenya 2021. Whether you are looking to register on the platform or download your payslip online, this guide will help you through each step involved while navigating www.ghris.go.ke.
So let’s begin
What is GHRIS?
GHRIS is a Human Resource Information System developed by the Kenyan Government that addresses the need for a human resource system for government employees. GHRIS online portal stands for Government Human Resource Information System.
This is the go-to place where all GOK employees from the different ministries, defense, and others go to access and download their payslips online.
In addition to the above, the following organizations also use the system for various decision-making functions:
- Ministry of Finance – To establish statistics and Personnel Emolument (PE) budgeting.
- The Public Service Commission – For selections and recruitment purposes
- Ministry of State for Public Service – For Human Resource Management, Development, Monitoring, and Evaluation.
TIP: To get the most out of the GHRIS portal, we recommend using Internet Explorer version 7 and above.
GHRIS online portal was developed in-house by Government ICT officers in collaboration with Human Resource Officers.
Now that you know what the GHRIS online portal is all about, let us go straight on how to use it.
How to Register on GHRIS Portal
Here is how to go about the GHRIS online payslip registration process:
- Log into your preferred web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari) or click ghris.go.ke to log indirectly.
- Click on the ‘New Employee’s button”.
- Next window, click on “First-time registration” to get to the new employee activation form.
- Fill out the form with your National ID or Passport Number, KRA Pin, and your name.
See the following images for help with GHRIS Online Registration:
That is it. The registration process has just begun and will be over before you know it.
GHRIS Online Payslip Download
To download your payslip, one needs to visits https://www.ghris.go.ke/loginonly.aspx. For first time users, use the temporary password ‘welcome.’ You are required to change this temporary password to your preferred secret password upon successful login.
Upon successful login, a screen appears for first-time users to change their temporary password.
- Enter your new secret password.
- Retype your new secret password for confirmation. And click on the Save button.
Capturing & Updating Employee’s Details in GHRIS Online Payslip
Upon the successful change of the password, you will be taken back to the login screen and use the following steps to capture and update your details:
Note: After you have finished editing one menu. Click on the Save button to move on to the next item.
- Click on the Basics Detail Tab and proceed to fill in all those dialogue boxes that the HRM system has not filled in.
- Apart from your KRA PIN and Birth Certificate Number, any details you do not have, fill in N/A.
- Click the Current duties Tab and fill in all the details on the current duties dialogue box. Remember to state your responsibilities in paragraph form.
- Provide all the Certificates you have, fill in your level of education, the examining body, duration, country of study, date enrolled, year of graduation, and most importantly, your certificate number.
- Specify the jobs you did previously before you joined the service or got employed in the civil service.
- If none, proceed to enter details of your current employment.
- If you have ever been promoted, you should know that that is a detail that should fall under a separate record. Note: The system auto-orders the details you input. You can key them in any order.
Note: Provide correct information. The provision of the false report may lead to prosecution.
How to download your payslip on the GHRIS platform
It would be best if you had an Updated profile before proceeding.
- Before login, please check your email for verification.
- Click on the verification link from your email to be redirected back to the GHRIS homepage.
- Log in to the GHRIS web portal with your USER ID and Password, which you used for the registration form.
- After a successful Login, you will see everything you need.
- In case you forget your login system’s password, click “Forget Your Password” and fill the required form.
How to log out on your GHRIS Online Payslip Registration Download Page
Click on the logout button to end your GHRIS web session to protect your privacy.
- Types of Loans Available to Civil Servants in Kenya - February 10, 2021
- Checkoff Loans in Kenya and Rates [2021 Update] - February 10, 2021
- Banks With Best Fixed Deposit Rates in Kenya [February 2021] - February 10, 2021